To get your event listed, send information to Carol Pinto-Smith, Valley News Dispatch, 210 Wood St., Tarentum, PA 15084; or email [email protected]
Residents participating in a sleight of hand must turn on their porch lights.
Township of Allegheny: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Apollo: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29
Arnold: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Avonmore: Parade at 4:30 p.m. on October 29. The line will be at 4 p.m. near the children’s clinic at 619 Cambria Avenue. There will be activities and refreshments after the parade on Fifth Street and at the fire department parking lot. Trick-or-treat will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Bethel:Trunk-or-treat, 4-6 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Volunteer Fire Station. The kitchen will be open. Trick-or-treat will take place from 6-8 p.m. on October 29.
Brackenridge: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Chewick: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Eastern Deer: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Fawn: Trunk-or-treat, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 29 at Fawn Volunteer Fire Department No. 1, 497 Lardintown Road. Costumed children accompanied by an adult welcome. Food will be served and there will be a basket raffle. To sign up to do a trunk, visit tinyurl.com/mr3wfytn. Inquiries: [email protected]
Fraser: 5-8 p.m. Oct. 30
Freeport: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31. Parade at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Registration begins at 6 p.m. at the Market Street Fire Station. Cash prize.
Gilpin: Trunk-or-treat, from noon to 3 p.m. on October 29 at Gilpin-Leechburg Park, Park Road. Food trucks will be available. Details: 724-845-0981.
Harrisson: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29
Hyde Park: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on October 29.
Township of Kiski: Trunk-or-treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 30 at the barracks, 1037 Route 56. Trunk reservations: Diane at 412-601-1782.
Leechburg: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Lower Burrell: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
New Kensington: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29
Plum: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Southern buffalo: Trunk-or-treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29 at the fire station, 100 Firehall Rd. There will be free hot chocolate and prizes for the best costume and the best trunk.
Springdale: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on October 31.
Township of Springdale: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Taranto: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
Upper Burrell: A free Halloween celebration for township children ages 1-12 will be held from 1-2:30 p.m. on October 30 at the township building. There will be a costume parade, crafts and treats. Reservations required before Friday. Reservations: 724-335-3517.
Vandergrift: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on October 31. Parade at 6 p.m. on October 29. The program will take place at 5 p.m. at the gazebo in Kennedy Park. Children 12 and under will receive treat bags and may be judged.
Western Deer: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31
West Leechburg: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on October 31 for residents of the borough from preschool to sixth grade.
Activities open to the public
Township of Allegheny
• Trunk-or-Treat Cuts and Puppies: From noon to 4 p.m. on October 29 at Elevated Hair Co., 30 Terrace Ave. There will be a silent auction, face painting and vendors. Dry haircuts for $20. Fur babies are welcome. All proceeds will be donated to the Tiny Cause animal charity.
• Hobgoblin Hike in Northmoreland Park: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 29 at the park, Allegheny Township. Half mile hike haunted by ghouls, monsters and goblins recommended for ages 8 and up. Parents are encouraged to come with their children. Refreshments will be available. Sponsored by the County Department of Parks and Recreation. Donations will be accepted. Rain or shine.
• Fall-o-ween Festival, 1 to 4 p.m. October 29 in the Town Center Square. There will be a parade, vendors, food trucks and more. Details: apollopaevents.org.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 3-5:30 p.m. October in the rear parking lots of Apollo United Presbyterian Church, 401 First Street. Decorate your vehicle and hand out treats or bring your little ones in costume for treats. There will be games for children and prizes for costumes and vehicles.
• Attraction haunted by shadows, 7-11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through October 29 at the Tour-Ed mine site, 748 Ridge Road. Cost: $15 per person, cash and credit cards accepted, except Discover. Details: 724-472-5979 or theshadowshauntedattraction.com.
• haunted library, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Allegheny Valley Community Library, 1522 Broadview Blvd., Natrona Heights. Free outdoor walk with pumpkin and bag of treats for children ages 5 and up. Costumes encouraged. Details: 724-226-3491
• boo To hit, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29 at Natrona Community Park, 12 River Ave. There will be a DJ and candy giveaways. Welcome to all. Sponsored by Natrona’s Building Block.
• Ghostly Block Party, 6 p.m. to midnight Oct. 29 at Oregon Avenue, Natrona Heights. Outdoor party with drinks, snacks, appetizers and sweets. DJ and dancing from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the cul-de-sac of the street. Public reception. Details: Jen Luzik at 724-493-1365.
• Halloween Parade, 7 p.m. on October 27. Programming will be at the fire station. Prizes will be awarded for costumes, bands and floats. A Pumpkin Trail will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on October 29 at Market Street businesses. The trail will end at the fire station, where the fire department will serve hot dogs and there will be a trunk or treat sponsored by the fire company and the Leechburg Public Library. Setup for the trunk-or-treat will begin at 11:15 a.m.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 2-4 p.m. Oct. 29 at Puckety Presbyterian Church, 1009 Puckety Church Road. Park on the school grounds adjacent to the church. There will be games for children and a prize for the best decorated vehicle.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at North Apollo Church of God, 507 20th St. Costume prizes will be awarded. Welcome the public to distribute goodies from the trunks of their decorated vehicles.
• Charity please, Approximately 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26 after the Book Buddies meeting at the Oakmont Carnegie Library, Allegheny River Blvd., for children 5 and under in costume and their caregiver. No reservation required. Details: 412-828-9532.
• Fall Festival, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 29 on Allegheny River Boulevard. Rain or shine. A parade will begin at 11 a.m. and bags of children’s treats will then be distributed by stores and businesses. There will be music, crafts, train rides, food, pumpkin painting, a costume contest and more. Details: oakmont-pa.com.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 5-6 p.m. or 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Plum Community Library and Community Center, 445 Center New Texas Road. Register to attend either session. Reservations: plumlibrary.org.
• costumed story time, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the South Butler Community Library, 240 W. Main St., Saxonburg. Come dressed up for a not-so-scary story hour.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 29 at the South Buffalo Volunteer Firehall, 100 Firehall Road. Free. Prizes will be awarded for the best trunk and the best costume. Sponsored by firefighters.
• Pumpkin decorating party, 6:00 p.m. Wednesday at the Springdale Free Public Library, 331 School St. Children in kindergarten through sixth grade are welcome. Reservations required. Reservations: 724-274-9729.
• Trunk-or-Treat, 1-3 p.m. Oct. 30 in the Springdale Jr.-Sr. D-Wing parking lot. High School, Colfax Street. Donations will be accepted. There will be a Build-A-Bear raffle and Pittsburgh Coffee Co. will be on hand. Reservations required before October 25. Sponsored by the Springdale High School Prom Committee and Kelly Motter State Farm Agent. Reservations: tinyurl.com/muzu2mxz.
• Springdale Open Bible Church will be pass out candy Bags at children of 5:30 at 7:30 a.m. pm Oct. 31 at the church, 401 Colfax St.
• boo Festival, from noon to 5 p.m. on October 29 at Riverview Memorial Park, First Avenue. There will be entertainment, crafts, food, a hay maze, wagon rides and free games for the kids. Details: Carrie at 724-448-1470.
• BridgePoint Church will be giving out free hot dogs and bags of candy from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at the church, 400 E. Ninth Ave.
• Great Pumpkin Patch, nfrom 3 p.m. to 3 p.m. on October 29 at Franklin Park. Sponsored by Vandergrift Parent Project. There will be a free pumpkin patch, beanbag toss, costume contest and more. Food will be available.
• trunk-or-treat, 3-4 p.m. Oct. 30 at Deer Creek United Presbyterian Church, 33 Bairdford Road. Children must come in costume. The event will take place outdoors. Trunk owners are encouraged to hand out treats. Trunk reservations: 724-443-1355.